Friday 2 March 2018

Storm Emma devastates Falmouth's beaches

Last night I was captured on CCTV as I arrived home after my 28 hour journey from Minneapolis. Falmouth was looking lovely in its unusual carpet of snow.
But snow in Cornwall is transient and during the early hours of this morning the south coasts of Devon and Cornwall were hit with the full force of Storm Emma, cutting off the main line rail service into Cornwall, and with roads impassable many of the locals have got what they have always wished for, Cornwall cut off from the rest of England, albeit only briefly.
This afternoon I took time off from writing my report on the SME to walk down to the beaches, and was amazed to see the devastation that last night's storm had caused.

Gyllyngvase Beach, Falmouth
Swanpool Beach

Hard to believe that in a couple of month's time we may be enjoying scenes such as this:

And an email just in from Mike Battersby, of Comminution '18 sponsor Maelgwyn Mineral Services. This is the scene outside the MMS office in Cardiff:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have difficulty posting a comment, please email the comment to bwills@min-eng.com and I will submit on your behalf